Friday, March 21, 2008

A little lonely

So even though a large percentage of my friends have said that they think the lj boycott (yes, I agree that "strike" is the wrong word for many reasons) is dumb, I decided I would stay away today. There are two reasons for this.

1. I do remember the uproar about lj banning nursing photos as user icons and am very upset that they are contributing to our society's disgusting and incorrect view that breastfeeding is sexual or something you should be ashamed of and keep hidden.

2. Even though for the most part, the new changes don't affect me and aren't my cause in particular, I'm being repectful of the people who are affected. It's like I'm not striking myself, but am just choosing not to cross the picket line. I mean, c'mon, it's only 24 hours, I'm not going to die from lj withdrawals. Right? Right.

3 comments:

*kate said...

I feel the same/did the same as you. I think I might have died from withdrawels. :-/

thesynergizer said...

even though i could still write here, and read the posts of plenty of people who didn't care, it was restraining myself from COMMENTING that was so difficult. :-)

Insurance Quotes said...

Feeling about kitty interesting