Monday, August 27, 2007

Carpet?

Ben was babbling in the backseat the other day, not an uncommon occurrence. It was our anniversary and I wanted coffee, so that's where we were headed. The whole way there, Ben's yammering 'Carpet carpet carpet" We can't figure out what he's saying until we pull into the Starbucks drive-thru and he points definitively at the Starbucks lady on the sign and shouts "CARPET!!!!!"

We listen closely, and yes, he is indeed trying to say Starbucks. It was coming out "ar-beck." My husband said that couldn't be it, because he had been saying that since we left home, long before he could see Starbucks, or even know that was where we were going from our route. But I said, "Yeah, but you said you were taking me out for coffee. So he said, "Starbucks!!!!"

He said, "I can't believe my baby knows what Starbucks is."

No comments: